Saturday, October 3, 2009

Swap and Sew along

This post is also going to have to cover Design Wall Monday even though it is not yet Monday. As you can see it is not a pic of my design wall but it is what I have been working on this week.

It's not like I don't have enough to do but hey lets add more to the plate and join a swap. Hey while we are at it this quilt along looks real fun as well. Oh well who needs to get caught up right?

I am in a winter swap which I need to make a winter wall hanging seen here it is the one on the left. I know I know I made three but I was having fun. They just need faces and quilting. But not only do we need to make a wall hanging we need to send along a gift for the season as well. I decided to make my gift. Here it is. I just love it. It is dark and rainy here so the colors did not come in good in the pics. They are much prettier in person. I have a piece of fabric covering up a spot because I embroidered here name and this is a secret swap. If she saw her name that would be a giveaway.LOL

Here is the inside. Room for marking tools and seam ripper and what ever else you need for a quick take a long. Isn't it cute!!!! I sure hope she likes it! This was real fun to make.
Add to that I just signed up for a sew along here. As part of the sew along we need to post our fabric choice. So here are the fabrics I will be using. Again it is dark here so you can't tell how soft these colors look. I am thinking a quilt for a baby girl. Okay now I am off to eat some of that apple pie. Wouldn't want it to go to waste.

7 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Very pretty fabrics -- can't wait to see the finished quilt. Enjoy that apple pie.

joan said...

Love the fabric... The anticipation to see everyone's finished project is nerve wreaking!
Happy sewing♥♥♥

Unknown said...

I have one of those tool keepers and it is one of my favorites! I hope your recipient enjoys it as much as I do mine!

Judy D in WA said...

Never, ever waste apple pie!!!
I have one of those little totes. I use if for my paper piecing supplies so I know where everything is!! I'm sure whoever receives it is going to love it.
I love your fabric choices for the quilt. Very soft looking.

~Trish~ said...

Where can I find a pattern for the tool keeper? I have on that I got in a Christmas exchange one year and would love to make more as gifts =)

Dawn-Marie said...

I know the quilt shop had some. Here is the link. http://www.thequiltpatchnh.com/index.html You would need to call and ask this is not an order on line store but she might ship. I am not sure where else to get one.

Lee said...

SHE LOVES IT. thank you so much. it will definitely come in handy!! beautiful sewing too.