Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Again

Wow these Mondays sure have a way of sneaking up on you. I didn't post last week as I was away with the kids in VA for some sun and roller coasters. Not much has changed on the design wall. Not because I am not sewing but because what I am sewing on is not on the wall yet. I am working on the Quilt along which is now in strips next to the sewing machine. But on the design wall front the snowmen now have faces and I is missing.

Isn't this just a cute little face. The missing snowman is in my recliner have the binding sewn on. It is all quilted which was very nerve wracking cause I used my domestic and not my longarm. I think it came out pretty good considering I am not used to quilting that way. I just home my secret partner likes it. I will post another pic once the binding is on.


If you would like to look at more design walls head on over to Judy's site for Design Wall Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I love the quilt on your design wall. It's so pretty and elegant at the same time. It would be nice to hear the story behind this project, that is, if you haven't already communicated. Note: this is my first visit to your blog - found you via Judy's design wall Monday.

Dawn-Marie said...

Rosaline,

This quilt is from a mag I got a few years ago. I loved it and showed my niece who was living with me at the time. We would talk about my quilt often but somehow the conversation turn to talking about her quilt. So I am making this for her. It has been a while and keeps ended up in the UFO pile but this time it is not coming down until it is done.