Thursday, October 15, 2009

A little of This a Little of That

I decided to sign up for a sew along. The reason behind adding yet another project to my list was easy. I have to make a ton of baby quilts. I think everyone in my family is pregnant at the moment. This quilt will make a real cute little girls quilt. Step one is now complete which is due today. I would have been done sooner but My husband and I took the kids to VA to Kings Dominion for the long weekend. Ten hours there what a long drive. So here is my fabric all cut. I did not cut the triangles as I prefer to sew my half squares while they are still in square form.

Another swap I was in was a summer time swap. This is what I received. Sorry it took so long to post the pic but my camera is usually home and this wall hanging is hanging up at my office. Isn't it so cute. It is right next to my desk so I see it every day.
On a quilty site that I am on I hosted a Quilting Bingo Game and here is the prize that I made for the winner. I just love this! I got to use my embroidery machine to add her name to make it a little more special.

The hardest part was finding the little cutting mat to go inside. My local Joannes only had four so I bought them all.
During our trip to VA I did insist on stopping at one quilt shop. If I was going to spend two days watching(not riding) the rest of the family go on roller coaster after roller coaster then I deserved some quilty time. We went to a great quilt shop called Quilting Adventures. I got the most yummy fabrics there. The four on the left are going to grow up to be a disappearing nine patch. I can't wait to see how it will turn out with these fabrics but it will have to wait until I get a bunch of baby quilts made. The fabric on the right, purple with polka dots will make it into a baby quilt. Just found out my brother is having a boy so I think will work out great with his quilt.
And yet another swap I am in. the winter swap over at Four Seasons . My snowman wall hanging now has a face. I just need to quilt and bind it and it is ready to go along with the gift I made for her. I hope she likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those little cutting mats can be found at The Quilt Patch...
Sue