I got the best call at work on Tues. The boss(well I'm the boss) but the owner of the company calls and
tells me to put a note on the machine that we are closed on Friday(today)
Woohoo!!! My thoughts are I get to sew all night Thursday as I don't have to get up Friday. I know all that I want to do. First get the binding on the quilt I just quilted so I get hand sew at the camp this weekend! And then oh so much more. Now how do I do this and not feel bad about being in the basement all night. Easy I got it I will let my kids have sleepovers so they won't need me. What a great plan!!!!! I rush home and clean(yes I can clean sometimes) so that my husband won't mind be spending the night sewing and all the kids arrive. My son the little whirlwind goes off and plays with his friend PERFECT. But then the girls well the girls are a different story. I am downstairs about three seconds before they decide they want to sew as well.

I pull out their machines. I find my old machine for their
friend and then we are off to Joanne Fabrics as we do not have enough thread for us all. And I let their friend get some fabric to make a stash and slash. I will do a lot for my kids but they are not allowed to touch my quilt shop fabric. My girls are all set but
their friend has never sewed before. so the lessons begin.

They are all having a great time making their quilts. The girls are excited that they have advanced to more difficult quilts and they can now use the iron. I was able to get the binding on my
quilt but that was all between running back and forth help all the girls out. They are getting ready now to go back and spend the rest of today sewing as well until we leave for camp. Here are the results. This is the
posie my little artist has started. She has a bunch of blocks done but here are a few.

Here is the
posie my little vet has started. As you can see they do NOT have the same taste in fabric! Or anything else for that matter. They may be identical twins but it ends at the DNA.
LOL
And here is the Stack and Slash their friend has started. She has half the blocks done and will now start on the other fabrics. There is a leopard and a zebra print making its way into this quilt.

Well my night did not go as planned but I think it turned out much better! I did have to put my foot down at 2:00 A.M. and say bed time! Now I am off to sew before they notice I am down there.
4 comments:
So when is your little Vet coming to start her lessons with farm animals?? ;)
The blocks look GREAT!!!!
Enjoy YOUR sewing time. ;)
What wonderful mumories you are creating!
Shoot! You should have called! I'da helped ya....
I'm still working on my Florida quilt but got side-tracked by helping a friend bring in her 50th year, with style and grace. (DON'T laugh, I can do it!!!)
Hope these storms are missing you, at camp!
xxoo
neen
It just made my day to see those girls sewing.
Post a Comment