Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mice and Monsters

Help I have created some monsters. My girls have been calling me at work every day to know if we are going to sew when I get home. As soon as we start sewing the complaints start. They really don't like their machines. I have tried their machines and I have to say that I agree with them. There is only one speed on these things and it is full speed ahead which is very hard to control.

Nothing like a little dinner at the mall. I decided while we were there we might as well check out Sears and see what they had for machines. These are just like the machine that I first started out with. The presser foot is so smooth and the speed very easy to control. My old one still works 13 years later even though I have long ago upgraded. I think they seem very happy with their new machines. Don't you?
And here it is all set up and ready to roll. Isn't it pretty. The girls are in my sewing room giving their machines a good work out as I type. They have decided they want to enter their quilts in a show.

As I am jogging yesterday I look up and see a mouse watching. This mouse does not run away. This mouse is not scared of me. This mouse comes from a large family. How do I know this. Because this is about the 15th mouse we have killed in this house. Well okay my cat got this one. This was the last straw though. I got off the treadmill and called Orkin. They could come today. GREAT!!!! Oh wait you can't even move in my sewing room let alone catch mice. And so the cleaning began. I cleaned for over 8 hours. Look I forgot there was even a cutting mat on this table let alone three of them.

Look at all these nice empty surfaces. They all use to be piled high with fabric. I didn't think to take a before pic.
This is just half of the trash. A truck full had already been sent to the dump before I snapped the pics. If I haven't touched it in a month then it was thrown out! While I don't like having Mr. Mouse he sure did get my butt in gear to clean.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice machines!!!! I think the girls are going to spit out masterpiece quilts, now!

Man alive, that room looks some different than it did 2 nights ago!!! Nice lighting too! LOL

See you tomorrow.
xxoo
neen

Oh, it's very fine with Teri and Giovanna. That leaves Melissa and you know how she feels, already.

Anonymous said...

Nice machines for the girls! I can hardly wait to see them working away. If they're entering a show, isn't it about time you enter a show? Hmmn?
I'm aiming for Houston next year.
See you soon!
Teri

Unknown said...

Hey, I'll send over my daughter so she can sew with your two! Wouldn't that be fun? They look great in front of their new machines!