Saturday, July 11, 2009

First EVER Quilt Show

What a great weekend so far. The sun actually came out. It rained 22 days in June and July was trying to go for the same record.

I called my dear friend(My sister in a past life) to come and spend the night at the camp and go to a quilt show with me and the girls the next day. What a great night. We had dinner on the beach and then chilled with some movies.

And then today was my girls FIRST EVER Quilt Show!!!!! They were so excited. I had them pick out their favorite quilt and I took their picks in front of them.

Her is my little vet in front of her favorite quilt. Plus I has to buy the pattern cause she wants to make one now!

Then my little artist decided this is the quilt she wanted her pick taken in front of.but she also wants to make a Bargello Quilt.
They took to the shopping with no problem. Didn't even care if Mom was near until it was time to pay the bill. They new how much they were allowed to get and wanted to make sure they picked out the perfect fabric.

I think they may have liked the shopping more than the quilts.

We all managed to find something we loved. My SIPL bought us all a piece of fabric i honor of the girls first quilt show and here is what she got us and herself. Left to right. Me, artist, vet and SIPL.

Of course we ended up with a lot more than that. Here is what my little vet ended up with. They were told to stick to some tone on tones because they keep stealing mine. And her new quilt pattern.

And my artist. Of course she had to get some red! And was told to stick to some tone on tones as well.

Then I couldn't pass up this fabric. This would go great in a little girls quilt.

I am sad to say that the evening is over and my SIPL had to go home. I was very sad to see her pulling away. I was very tempted to run after her :-(


And for anyone following Judy's "Whats on your wall Monday" My braid quilt top is finished and ready to go on the machine. I will need to take a better picture in the day light.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SIPL here... I had an absolute BLAST this weekend! I was honored to be able to attend the girls' first ever quilt show! We had so much fun walking around, picking our favorite quilts and of cours... fabric acquisiton haha! Was very sorry to have to get back to reality. Sigh. I guess I'll drown my sorrows in some sewing tomorrow...oh, wait... look at the time.. it's tomorrow already! hehe. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Gosh that looks like so much fun. Wish I could have been there with you all! Your girls are growing up so fast...and becoming such beautiful young ladies.
Maybe I'll see you in a couple of weeks!

Teri

smiledarlin said...

Man I wished I lived closer!!! It looks like y'all had fun!

Gosh they are growing up SO MUCH and are so beautiful! Looks like they have their mothers eye for beauty... and her talents!

Looking SO FORWARD to seeing you soon!
Love ya
Lori

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I hadn't ok's a date with old friends, before you called. I don't even know how it's possible that you had that much fun without me! LOL

Did Melissa get to change her schedule for this weekend? That would be sooooo great!

I picked out the backing for my FLorida quilt. You are gonna say, "Yup, perfect!" Even if you don't like it. LOL

See you soon. When are you going to be home?

xxoo
neen

The girls are going to be real pros, at that quilting stuff, buy the time they get boobs!! They do VERY good work...