Monday, June 22, 2009

What's on your Wall Monday

After checking out Judy's site and seeing What's on your wall Monday I thought I would post. I reminds me of Motivation Friday that used to be on a prior site in a past life. I hope that this will motivate me to work on some of these. The colors on all of these are brighter in person. The quilt on the left just needs one more row and then the borders. The middle is a BOM called Butterfly Kisses which ended last year. I have three blocks down and hopefully will have another one by next Monday. The right is a double Irish chain. This got put on hold when I realized I had to redo all of the center blue blocks. They are all about 1/4 inch to small.sigh

I also pulled out a quilt top that needed to be quilted about two years ago. I hope that having this out will remind me to quilt it.
This week I want to get the binding on the quilt I finished yesterday and continue sewing on my cousins quilt which isn't big enough for the design wall and of course one BOM block. I am not seeing any cooking or cleaning in my future.
I just discovered a new quilt shop in my area. Well I noticed it a while ago but it is near my gym and I am always sweaty when I am near it. Finally went in yesterday and noticed a kids sewing class. I signed up all three for this yep even my little whirlwind is going to take it. I told him if any of the projects are to girlish he can always make it as a gift for Mommy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to bits to see that you're quilting again! Love what you have on the design wall...all three pieces.
You go girl!

Teri

Quilter Kathy said...

I like your scrappy braid quilt on the left...reminds me that I have one in progress...now where is that thing??!!

smiledarlin said...

So glad to see you back in the land of thread....

It sounds like you have alot to keep you busy- but don't we all.

I think the kids would really enjoy the class.
Enjoy

lori