I decided it was about time I got back into the sewing room. I never even unpacked my sewing machine from
MQX in April. I made a promise though that no sewing until I got this quilt done. The top has been loaded on the machine for over a month. This is the quilt I made for my husband's friend who has cancer. He is a cop and very proud of it. The blue fabric is cop fabric. I got the back loaded night before last and started quilting it today.

And yeah I also finished quilting it today as well. I did an all over panto of swirls which I love. Now all I need to do is get the binding on this. I will get that sewed on this week and do the hand sewing Friday night at Friday Frenzy.

Here is a close up of the fabric. I really like how this quilt turned out. I was nervous with my fabric choices. I never know what to use when making a quilt for a guy. Most of my fabrics are either for females or kids.

To bribe myself to get the above quilt done I let myself start a new quilt. This quilt is on my UFO list so I don't feel guilty about starting it. I would alternate cutting the kit and attaching the other quilt to the frame.

Of course once you start cutting you just have to get a little sewing done. So I did start on this but I promise I will get the binding done on the other quilt this week. I just need to sew a little more on the new quilt first.

On the non quilt front I got myself a new treadmill this week. The old treadmill has a new home at the RV. It is over 9 years old and needed to retire to a place where it would not get used as much. I am so excited about the new machine. It has auto incline and the tension on it is amazing plus built in speakers that my
Ipod plugs into. Tomorrow is my first run on the new treadmill. The question is do I get up early or do it after work. Or do I get up early hit my snooze button and then run after work anyway.

Oh and the best part do you see the pretty red buttons. Well apparently the manufactures prefer blue buttons so this machine was $500.00 off because it has the old red buttons instead of the new blue buttons. I can live with red for the price difference and I prefer the read anyways!

1 comment:
Vroom Vroom!!!
Welcome back to a moving lane. (not even just a fast one. LOL) Great job on that quilt! It sure makes a really nice man's quilt. Very nice!
I remember that kit you're cutting out. Your cousin is going to love it!
I think I'm going to cut out a quilt for Friday Frenzy, but I'm not altogether sure, yet. I've got a quilt that I want to make for Florida but am trying to figure out how to do this and not take a machine to FF. (I know. I know. It's a ditz day. It's raining. what else can I say?) LOL
See you soon. Keep up the good work! I'm tickled pink to see you posting again.
xxoo
neen
Post a Comment