Some days just end up being perfect. This was one of those days. Of course it helps that it started by getting me my Christmas present. A little early but that is fine by me. WE loaded up the two cars and headed to Sanford where we dropped my van off to get a remote start put in. I really missed my old remote start that went with the old van. See all my nagging paid off and now I have a new one.
WE had to kill time while we waited for the car to be ready so we headed to Bonanza for some lunch then off to Walmart so the kids could get each other their Christmas presents. I take two and Jim takes one to shop then we keep switching off until they all picked out presents for each other.
After shopping found out they still needed another hour to finish the van so I decided that we should pick up wrapping paper at Mardens where it is cheaper than Walmarts. Had to pick up some fabric while I was there. I got 6 yards of pink backing fabric. 6 yards of peach with design backing fabric. These rest of the bolt of the yellow backing fabric. The other bolt was regular fabric just begging to be twilered. And then the other three cause I couldn't resist!
After that we went to the pet store. No we did not get anymore pets although the kids did ask for a rabbit. Picked up dog food and mouse food and fish food and hamster food. See we don't need anymore pets!Picked up the van and came home! While I got dinner ready the kids and Dad cleaned the room above the garage and put up the tree. I went to visit Dad and dropped off some flowers my husband got for my mother.
Came back to help supervise the tree decorating.

While decorating the tree there was still no fighting with the kids! This was truly a great day. We have a nice rhythm. I had out the ornaments and Dad helps hang them.
See doesn't it look nice all decorated!


While decorating the tree there was still no fighting with the kids! This was truly a great day. We have a nice rhythm. I had out the ornaments and Dad helps hang them.
And the kids are off to bed. We woke up to find there is no school today because of a snow storm so we made 5 layers bars which are now cooling. I am gonna log off then go pick up some friend for the kids to play with then I am off to play in my sewing room. Gonna finish something on my design wall today!

I'm thinking it is time to finish the one on the left. I am considering hand quilting this one. It is a special quilt as my friend Cheryl designed this one. Hope everyone had a great day!
5 comments:
It's always fun when the kids get into the spirit of the holiday and enjoy participating in all the activities! For some reason my computer wouldn't load the pictures - I'll check back again later to view those!
That does sound like just the best day. Wow! And fabric too.
Love the quilts, hmmn, thinking I'll have to figure out how to do both of them. One day I will have time to quilt.
Happy Quilting!
teri
Those are the days that make GREAT memories!! Sounds like you had fun!
oh how I love Mardens!!!!!!!!!
Your tree is pretty, they did a wonderful job.... :)
Your tree is beautiful!
I forgot to email Cheryl for that pattern. I can't wait to see yours finished!! :)
Mardens -- I still need to get some of that ABC tapestry! I wonder which of my ME friends I could convince to make another trip for me? ;)
The perfect day -- I'm envious! :)
xoxo
Giz
Post a Comment