Sunday, December 9, 2007

Temptations

Every year a group of friends and I go to a Quilt show in NH. One of our favorite vendors we have nick named Temptations. Well this time around they have really earned their name. It all started out with the most beautiful bundle of fabric above. It is the "Love Is" Line by Nancy Halverson. I just love all her fabric. Now this was the year I was suppose to be good so I didn't buy it but couldn't stop thinking about. I decided that if it was still there by the end of the day I would get it because it would be meant to be. Well good thing for me Melissa NH also fell in love with it and she bought it. Phew! or so I thought!

The owners said they had one more and would bring it in for me the next day. Wasn't that nice of them.NOT! So the next day I HAD to buy it. After all they brought it in especially for me.

I am a check book balancer and I balance my check book every week. I watched each day as all the purchases from that weekend left my account. I noticed that the beautiful fabric above never seemed to leave my account. Ahhh what to do what to do! I started wondering if maybe I used a different card but know it didn't show up on any of my accounts. I have to admit another temptation creeped in. Thinking well it is not my fault if they didn't remember to charge me. Hey I am only human and I think anyone would be tempted. Well I figured enough time has gone by and something had to have happened. I figured nope they are not gonna charge me for the fabric. I also knew that there was no way I could cut this fabric and enjoy sewing it knowing that a quilt vendor never got their money even if it wasn't my fault. I just got off the phone with them and they seemed shocked that I called to say hey are you gonna charge me. And I feel so much better knowing I made the call! And now I am gonna enjoy my gorgeous fabric.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, DM!!!! I know how you feel with that not being able to enjoy it, had you not made that call.

I hope they had sense enough to not charge you the full price for it, though!!!!!

Sure is purty, though.......

xxoo
neen