Monday, November 26, 2007

Tis the Season

The holiday season has begun. And with it all the family traditions. Thanksgiving was done a little different this year. After having a turkey at my husbands parents house I headed over to my cousins house. It was wonderful. Everyone brought something(I made two desserts) We had two different kinds of turkey and all just relaxed. Trust me we needed that. The night ended over my uncles house for my Grandmothers Birthday. It really was a nice relaxing Thanksgiving.

A new tradition for ther last three years had been that on Saturday we load up the kids and Jim's best friend and his wife. We drive to NH and get a hotel room then the next morning we spend the day at Santa's Village. Everyone had a blast but I froze my bottom off and caught a nice cold which I am now nursing and constantly giving my husband dirty looks for. He is trying to tell me you can't catch a cold from being outside all day in the cold shivering.

The good news to this is my shopping is all done and so is most of my wrapping. I am getting so good at shopping I even bought some people the same present twice.Opps At least I still had the receipt and can return them.

Hope everyone is well and happy!

3 comments:

Gizmo said...

Sorry to hear about your cold. I brought mine home from Chicago with me. :(
AND, what an overachiever you are!! :^P

smiledarlin said...

Sounds like a great holiday!

I hate to admit it- but Jim is right- you can't catch a cold from being outside. If so every cop & trash man or other outdoor worker would never be at work.
You were around someone who was sick and they spread it.

BUT I AGREE with you- I HATE TO BE COLD!

Teri said...

A few years ago I learned from a nurse friend of mine that an interesting thing happens when your body gets really cold. You can develop symptoms of being sick. What happens is the body thinks that because you're shivering cold that you must be sick and have some kind of fever and triggers a response - a cold or fever for several days. Usually with a cold of this type the mucous is clear rather than being yellowish or greenish. If the mucous has those funny shades of color then you were exposed to a cold virus and being chilled to the bone just exacerbated the symptoms.
Feel better soon!
Teri