Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sew Along One Two Three

I have really been enjoying this sew along.  It has motivated me to get back into my sewing room.  Here is quilt number one.  This was suppose to be for me but I made an opps.  Something about listening to a good book and sewing until 2:00 A.M. is never a good combo.  So I decided that I could not live with the Opps and this will go to a non quilter who will never notice my opps. I really love the colors of this quilt but the pic does not do the justice.  Sigh I really should not take pics at night. I won't get any other sewing done this weekend so this post will also be my design wall Monday post as well.  When Monday comes check out Judy's site for other great quilty Blogs!
Here are the flying geese borders that will go on.  the flying geese are only going on quilt number one.  Gonna do the others a little different I decided.  Making flying geese is just not high up on my enjoyment list.
Here is sew along number two.  I am making this quilt for a dear friend.  As you can tell we do not usually have the same taste in fabric.  While I have been enjoying working on this quilt it has been a challenge working on fabric that does not sing to me.  It sings to my friend though and that is what matters!
And here is soon to be quilt number three.  This one will be for me and there will not be any opps in this one.  I just love the fabrics.  I love them even more that the first quilt! I think by the time I finish quilt number three I will be able to make this quilt in my sleep.
And while I was motivated I decided to pull out a UFO that only needed quilting.  It is now all quilted and bound.  I will give this to my sister in law when they come home for Christmas.  They are driving so i don't have to worry about is getting lost in the mail or taking up to much room in a suit case.

A close up of the gorgeous fabric!


And here is my little artist.  she ha taken up cross stitch.  Isn't she doing a great job.  I remember back when I did cross stitch.  I have my own little mini me's.  they make me smile every time I look at them


And here is the my vet who has also taken up cross stitch.  It is funny how they have such different personalities but yet share all the same interests.  They also ran the four mile Turkey Trot with me.  I am so proud of my girls!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow 3 quilts from the same pattern. Good for you. And, I love that pattern. All the colors might sing to me! Don't you love it when your kids do stuff that you like to do? Congrats on the finish. You've been busy this past week.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Your quilts are all beautiful! As are your girls!
glen

marcella said...

Both quilts are lovely and I'm sure the third will be the charm and be the best one to keep for you! You've raised two lovely stitchers.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a wonderful post! First of all your girls are beautiful - and I love that they are doing cross-stitch! I love quilt number one - it's gorgeous! And, I'm loving quilt number 2 - too! It's so funny you say that - I had a hard time working with McStudly's quilt for that same reason - not my kind of fabric! Love the Christmas gift quilt too - and you run, too! I need some of your mojo please :)!! Beautiful stitching!

Gail said...

What fantastic work you do-with fiber and with raising lovely girls to love fiber arts, too!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Ohh, I love ALL of your quilts! Really, really great quilts!

straythreads said...

beautiful quilts and color choices. What a joy to have daughters who are taking up the needle. I failed miserably in that dept with my daughter.
http://straythreads-straythreads.blogspot.com/
Ann

smiledarlin said...

That realy is a beautiful quilt. I might have to break down and make one.
I believe you started the quilt for the niece back in 2007 coz it was after the Quilt till you wilt and that was in 2006. It really is pretty and I know she will LOVE it.
BTW- I found the bag with all the FQ's you used for the mystery quilt you donated to me, that I just recently finished at the Hoedown. Maybe I will use that fabric for this pattern.
Merry Christmas to y'all!