Tuesday, January 5, 2010

CGQC January

This is my first post as part of the Charming Girls Quilt Club and I am already late with it. "Sigh" But I have an excuse I am sick. What a way to start out the new year. Now that I am starting to feel better here is my post. The first project I would like to finish this month is the Half Pint Quilt. This just needs the binding. It has just needed the binding for about a month now. This is the month to get it done.

I don't plan on finishing this quilt this month but I would like to finish piecing the top. It just needs the sashing strips to be done.
This is the New Years Day Mystery Quilt that I want to finish piecing. I stopped working on it when I noticed that part of the directions were wrong and have to take some of it apart. I would like to fix it and finish piecing. I am starting to get frustrated with this site. I don't know if they even have a pattern tester.

On a different note I am so excited about my Christmas present from my husband. Now I can go to my embroidery classes with out worrying about break my new machine. I don't own luggage for my clothes my my sewing machine is gonna travel in style.

And I can't believe I didn't remember to post this sooner. This is what I received for the Half Pint Quilt Along. I was soooo excited when I found out my name was picked. I can't wait to be able to make something with this. My girls love it also I will have to hide it from them.

And here is a pic of my cat cookie. He could care less about his presents under the tree. LOL Just like any other kid they prefer the box.


7 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Good to have you back in blogland! You have some great projects planned! I can't wait to see them all finished up. Hope you are feeling better soon!

CJ said...

Looks like you'll be busy this month!
Pretty cat you have.

Shakerwood said...

Welcome to the Charming Girls Quilt Club....you're going to love it here. And don't worry about being late. I almost always wait until the last day on the 7th to post mine. I never seem to remember what happens to the first week of the month!

Judy Laquidara said...

Your girls look so much like you! Love all your quilts!

Amy said...

Your quilts look great. Congrats on the new luggage! I'm sure it will come in handy.

Linda in Arkansas said...

Your half pint quilt turned out wonderful - Good Job. I personally like binding the quilts. It's easy and then it's FINISHED!! Good luck with your Jan. projects.

Linda in Calif.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love your Half Pint...it is darling, can't wait to see it finished.