Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa Came Early!

Look what was in my mail box today!!! This poor package had a long way to travel it came all the way from Germany! My mini from the Four Seasons Quilt Swap!!!!! Can you tell that I am excited.LOL

And this is what was inside all those pretty packages. The cutest wall hanging. I love that I can hang this all winter and not just at Christmas time. I can't wait to take it home and find the perfect spot for it. And a cute little bag with a address book and a pen inside. I just love the fabrics that were used. And then the chocolate covered cookies. I also love that because I don't know any German I can't read the calorie count so that means I can eat all that I want.
Here is a close up of the quilt. Isn't it just the sweetest thing. And it is hand quilted as well!

What you don't see is that the package was stuffed with newspaper to keep the quilt safe. I uncrunched all the newspaper and am going to bring them home to my kids. I think they will find it neat to see a newspaper written in German. Bet their teacher would find it neat as well.


3 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Dawn-Marie,
of the beautiful quilt you like. I had the package already sent early Novemvber. It was a really long time. I wish you a merry Christmas. I will continue now and look towards your blog. Excuse my bad English.

LG
Andrea

smiledarlin said...

WOW Cool- you have a long distance pen-pal!
That is such a cute quilt...

Anonymous said...

That is tooooo cute for words, DM! And, I agree on the choc. calories. Another safe bet: Go outside with it and eat it on the tar driveway. The calories, what few there are, will go straight into the tar!

Wonderful job, Andrea! You do good work!

Merry Christmas to all!


xxoo
neen