Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Something Old, Something New, Something ....

My latest Half Pint update. The quilt is on the frame and in the process of getting quilted. I am pretty sure I am suppose to have it completed this week which is not going to happen. I am really happy with the progress I have made. The binding is all sewed and just waiting over there>>>>> to be attached as soon as the quilting is finished. I am hoping I will finish up this weekend. There really is just no time to sew during the week.

Here is a close up of the quilting. It is a little hard to see it is white thread on white fabric. There are clouds and butterflies and swirls. Perfect for a little girl. Sure hope the sonogram is right and this little one comes out a girl.

Here is one of my something new. This was done at my embroidery class last week and finished at home. This will be turned into a real cute gift bag that I will put a little gift in for my girls teacher. I am thinking the bag will be even better than the gift.

And for my something old I finished this baby quilt started last Superbowl Sunday. It was a mystery quilt and a lot of fun to make. This will go to my godchild. I can officially remove this from my UFO list.
And another something new. I am happy with the progress on this quilt. I started this in November and it only needs sashing and quilt. This is (yep) another baby quilt. I have a few more baby quilts to make but they will have to wait I need a break from baby quilts!

Now what to work on this weekend. That is if and after I get the Half Pint finished.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so anxious to see your half pint project in its entirety. What is the size of the 9-patches in that quilt?

Dawn-Marie said...

Kare,

The nine patches are 3 1/2 unfinished. I can't wait to see it finished as well LOL.

Gail said...

You pick such soft, pretty colors for these projects. I especially like the half pint, very, very pretty.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh, Dawn! Your Half-Pint is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see the whole thing! Lots of other lovely quilts too--way to sew! Oh, and all you needed to finish for the drawing this Thursday was the top - and you're way beyond that! It's so pretty!