Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Already

Where did the weekend go? I know I had one and I really enjoyed it but I just wish it was longer.


I got to spend Friday night sewing with Friends. Drove to N.H. for a Friday Frenzy. I got the binding done on a quilt that I can't show just yet. Just needs a label then I hope to have it in the mail tomorrow.


Saturday night was spent at Menopause the Musical. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I would go to that again in a heartbeat. Although as much as I laughed I did start to get real nervous. Never gave Menopause much of a thought before. I am hoping that maybe I will skip over that portion of my life. It didn't look like much fun to have.


The best part of the weekend was Sunday. We took the kids to the last day of Funtown. We also brought some of their friends along. So it was six kids and the husband and myself. There was not one fight not even so much as a bicker the whole day.
Today is Monday so that means Design Wall Monday from Judy's site. I haven't shown anything in a while because I had a quilt on the wall that can't be seen just yet. I have decided that the left side of the wall is for new projects and the right side for UFOs. I have cleaned off both sides of the wall and now have a new UFO up. Both quilts up before are completed and one is quilted and bound. I am starting to make a dent finally!!! Here is my UFO that belongs to my niece. There is hope that she may actually get this. I do love this quilt so I am not sure why I keep setting it aside. This is the last time it goes on the wall. It will only come down when it is ready to be quilted!!!!!!



4 comments:

Tammy said...

Cute quilt........love the pattern.
Good luck with that "skipping over menopause" thing! LOL!
I remember when friends wanted me to go and see Menopause the Musical and I REALLY didn't want to go! I figured that I was living the hot flashes, etc, etc...why did I want to hear about them?
I went and had a great time.....but this peri-menopause stuff really stinks!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a lovely design! Lots of HST's!!!

Brenda said...

I like the movement in the quilt you are making for your neice. I think it's going to be very beautiful. And, stick to your ambition - work on it, till it's done!! (or you just have to do something else for a minute.... NO!! forget I said that!! Do what I said, not what I do!!!!)

Have fun getting this to the "quilt me" stage!!

smiledarlin said...

I know this pattern- it's the "Oklahoma Twister" the same one I did for Meems. That looks great.
Sounds like y'all had a great time the weekend.
It was great to see you Friday.