Thursday, November 8, 2007

A little of this a little of that

We have a rule in our family. No buying anything in the couple of months before Christmas. Well it seems my husband doesn't quite like this rule because he came home with this little four wheeler for the kids. With two more on order! Now the kids can all go four wheeling with him. I am thinking this would have made great Christmas gifts. Heck we wouldn't have had to buy them anything else if they had these under the tree. Hmmm I better have one good gift under the tree for me for me.
My dear, dear friend Neen came over the other night to finish up her guild quilt. Here she is hard at work on the "Queen Neener" Yup I named it after her. She wouldn't let me get to close with the camera cause she didn't do her hair. Look at the concentration in her eyes. That quilt is going to keep some cancer patients nice and warm during their chemo appointments.
And this is what I got accomplished while she was here. It doesn't look like much but trust me that is good for me. On the right is a scrappy binding. this is my new passions to use the left over fabric for scrappy bindings instead of finding one big piece of fabric. It is now attached to the quilt and ready to stitch down which I will do in Nashua. The rest is the start of the Challenge quilt(see Teri I started it)
I have to get packed to go to Nashua tomorrow but first I get to go over to Neens house tonight for dinner then I get to go to her guild meeting. I am very VERY excited. I have never been to a guild meeting before! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!
But (sigh) before I get to do any of this I need to pick the kids up early for school to take them to get our flu shots. I am glad my kids are good at getting these. They actually reminded me that they needed them.
Have a great weekend!
Dawn-Marie

4 comments:

Teri said...

The Queen Neener - won't that give her a big head?

I like your color choices for the challenge, I can't wait to see how it gets finished.

Teri

Anonymous said...

But, it's nice to be Queen, Teri!!! LOL

The quilt is all done and shown and given to my quilt guild for Chemo patients at the two local hospitals. About 25 of us finished our quilts for this challenge. I was very pleasantly surprised!

OK, I'm getting stuff out of the closet to pack in the trunk in the morning and my suitcase is packed except for my bathroom "kit." I think I'm going to stuff TLWG's lunch into him around 9:30 a.m. so you and I can get going!!! Vroom Vroom

xxoo
neen

Teri said...

okay your royal highness. just remember since you're the queen you have the big responsibilities.

Happy Quilting!

Saska said...

What a wonderful title!

BTW--your hair looks just fine.

Can't wait to see the full quilt.