Another busy weekend. It was a long weekend and to keep the kids from diving me up the wall I let them have friends over a couple of different nights. One friend is real shy and wouldn't come over with out his mother. Not a problem as far as I was concerned his Mom wanted to make a quilt. So the kids had fun and the mother and I played as well. I got the border and the quilting done on the cancer quilt and am now sewing down the binding. I hope to have it done by this coming weekend and get it to its new owner.
Here is a closeup of the quilting. I only get to use my machine maybe 6 or 7 times a year if I am lucky so I don't get much practice on it.
The next night my girls had three friends over and James had another friend over for a sleep over. They were all real good. I managed to get the binding finished on Kayla's quilt which I started years ago in Vermont. It is washed dried and has already been used.

Here is a closeup of the quilting. I only get to use my machine maybe 6 or 7 times a year if I am lucky so I don't get much practice on it.
The next night my girls had three friends over and James had another friend over for a sleep over. They were all real good. I managed to get the binding finished on Kayla's quilt which I started years ago in Vermont. It is washed dried and has already been used.

I am so happy to have these off my UFO list. I am now motivated to get a few more tops done. I do have one that I have to start as a friend challenged me to make a quilt and enter it in a show. Got to think about getting that one started before she starts cracking the whip. Will have to wait a few more days though because I have a major test this Friday that I have to study for.
I hope all is well with everyone out there.
Dawn-Marie
3 comments:
consider the whip cracked.
LOL, Teri, you're a wonder!!! Giz and I have a thing happening, too, but I don't think there was a time limit... I have decided on a pattern, though. After I finish a sweatshirt jacket and, maybe get a quilt (or two) quilted so I can bind them, to take away for hand projects, then I can start on that. Perhaps that will be my winter-home project...
DM, good work! These will free up 2 cubbies in your quilt cubby wall..... Very, very nice work!!!
xxoo
neen
Neen, I sometimes shake my head at my self and wonder. Can't quite figure it out.
Now if DM frees up two whole cubbies who is going to take her to Mardens to fill them up? How long do we have to wait to see pictures of her purchases? I'm getting really good at Megging!
Teri
Post a Comment