Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A New Project

I have decided to give something new a try. Not a new quilt design but something completely different. I am going to try knitting socks. I can do a very simple cast on and a basic knit stitch and that is it. But while looking at yarn stores I noticed the one down the street from me(even closer than the quilt shop) Was having a class on socks so I figured it was meant to be.

I was advised that I would love knitting socks toe up so that is what I signed up for BUT when I got to the shop to buy my supplies they strongly recommended that I learn cuff down first. Sigh what to do which way to go? After thinking long and hard. At least ten minutes or the time it took me to get home I made my decision. I am now signed up for two sock classes. I will learn cuff down this Friday night and Toe up on the 20th. Yea I am very excited about this. My husband just rolls his eyes at me and wonders where he found me.

Here are my supplies I can't wait to start using them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah Dawn-Marie! I can't wait to see your progress!

Teri

Unknown said...

You will be in good company as Howdy, Giz and Judy L all knit socks...
I crochet but have never had the desire to learn to knit- tried it once... just no catch.
Good luck- if you are as creative with knitting as you are with fabric your projects will be beautiful.