Wednesday, July 28, 2010

August Goals

Here are my August goals for the Charming Girls and will probably be my Design Wall Monday as well even though it is not yet Monday. But I am commuting between work and camp this week and will not get much done.

Here is a quilt I am making for a dear friend of mine. I am hoping to make two quilts one for her and one for me. "Sigh" I am so tired of never having a quilt that I make so I am thinking if I start making two of everything I can give one away and keep one. So my goal for this is to get three more blocks made this month. I am going to try to keep my goals in the attainable range. These blocks are just sooo pretty though I really love them. Mine will be in a more Christmas tone of fabric.

Sorry for the blurry picture. But i am at work and can't get another. I have been working on this quilt FOREVER and really want it done. I just need two more blocks which are almost done and the borders. I am bringing this with me this weekend to a friends where we will sew and go to the Augusta quilt show. I think I just might finally get this quilt done YEA!!!! Well then I have to quilt it. I will sneak it in between a couple of customer quilts and get this done by my September goal!!!!!

I want to get some of these put together with sashing. I have 25 made so far and want them all sashed then I will make some more. I would like to get it big enough to be a sample so that I can teach this for a class at my LQS. I just love this fabric. This quilt makes me happy. I am doing this as my starter and ender blocks so this quilt will take a while to be completed.

This is my hand work for when I am sitting outside of oboe lessons and clarinet lessons and Dr. appts. I again am making two for the same reasons as before. I really hope to keep one when done. I am almost done with one of the snow angel blocks and want both done by the end of the month. I already have two of the skiing blocks done. I am doing one in light blue thread and one in dark blue thread so they will be a little different.

Now that they are posted maybe that will give me the motivation to get some things done! I can't wait to see what everyone else is working on.

13 comments:

Sharon said...

You have some lovely quilts on your design wall!

magirite said...

Nice quilts. I get so excited and motivated to do more and more. It's great. Oh, and the lime green room is great. They did a good job. That will be fun to decorate.

Dawnmarie's Life said...

I love all your blocks! And I can't believe I'm meeting another Dawnmarie! How cool is that!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Dawn Marie - I love those blocks - they're so pretty! And, I'll say it again - I love the Oklahoma Twister. And, what cute snowmen! I'm with ya - make a couple - you deserve to keep one girl!!! Great goals!!

Diane said...

great design wall. good idea about making an extra quilt for you. It took me a long time to make a quilt just for me and of course it was out of orphan blocks, which turned out to be perfect as I have a little bit of a lot of my quilts in one place!

Sarah said...

I actually kept a lap quilt I made last week - was supposed to be for charity, but I just loved it, and hated to give it away, and realized I hadn't made anything for me in the last year - so it stayed and I'm working on not feeling guilty!

Unknown said...

WOW, you certainly have been busy and have a lot to show for it! Great projects!

AnnieO said...

You're getting so close with the second quilt--what a great dynamic block that is. Seems like your interests are all over the board and lively.

Kathie said...

Absolutely love the top picture.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I like the top stars but I really like the second one. What is that one called?

Did I say I liked it a lot?

glen in Louisiana

Melinda said...

I am also working on the snowman blocks. One of the problems I have is that I made the small ones first and now only have the giant ones to work on - did I say they are giant and have a lot of stitching to do? I just need to keep plugging away at it because it is a very nice quilt when completed. I have quilted a couple of them for customers in red so mine is blue like yours.

Susan said...

Pretty! Pretty! Pretty!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great goals and beautiful projects! have fun!