See this. This nice wall belongs in the room of my little vet. This is a nice white wall. Well a nice white wall with a lot of
spackle. It is amazing how many holes a teenager can put in a wall. But still a nice white wall. Think how pretty this wall will look with a nice
fresh coat of white paint.

First we
spackle the walls. There are holes in every wall! It is amazing that when the house needs to be cleaned they
disappear. But pull out
spackle or paint and they are glued to your side. Somewhere in the sick minds of teens this is fun work. I will never try to understand them.

Then I tell them to go put on clothes that it is okay to wreck with paint. So they go and grab their Dads t-shirts.
Hmmm good thing he doesn't read my blog and well they are not MY t-shirts so I will plead ignorance when he notices. And then we paint the nice white walls. WAIT this is NOT white paint. This is far from nice WHITE paint. Who in the world would let a 12 yr old pick out what color to paint her room! Oh wait that was me. But I really did not expect her to pick lime green! It is
a lot more lime in 3d! So here is my little vet painting her room (sigh) green.

And of course her older sister(by 1 1/2 hours) is right there to help. Did I mention teens think this is fun?

And here is the new green wall. It still need one more coat and the other three walls are waiting until Daddy gets the edging done on them. I did NOT like edging and while the teens
volunteered I thought it best to have Daddy do a little painting just to be safe. Now for some
strange reason I thought of Judy over at
Patchwork Times the whole time we painted this wall.
3 comments:
Oh dear! What a color! LOL!! I did the same thing and let my daughter paint her room bright green and purple.
You can see a picture in this post:
http://littlebitsandpieces-linda.blogspot.com/2010/07/today-is-day.html
The girls look very happy to me.
Looks good... for kids! But they can do so much with that color... she will enjoy it.
Here is a little trick I learned when you have to touch up alot of holes. After you spackle them and it dries- take a damp rag and rub it in a circle over the area and this helps feather blend the area and the spackle areas won't show up under your paint. IT WORKS!
Show us follow up pics- I would love to see what they do with this color.
What a cheery room! I bet your daughter is so happy with her choice.
Post a Comment