Monday, April 12, 2010

Design Wall Monday and Questions answered

It's another Monday. While it is the start to another work week it is also Design Wall Monday. Which is something I really look foreword to. I'm not sure what I like best about this week. That I actually have something to post or the inspiration I get by looking at all the other walls. To see them head on over to Judy's site and see all the amazing work that everyone else is working on.

I haven't been posting lately because I have been working on a quilt for a friend and she can't see it yet. No Giz I will NOT post a pic! The top is now done and I am finally working on things I can show.YEAH!!!!

The quilt on the left is a sample for a class I will be teaching at the Quilt Patch. This has been tons of fun to make using Deb Tuckers Rapid Fire Hunter Star Ruler. The quilt on the right has been there a long time but it is finally getting bigger and only needs one more row. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Well one row and one block.

Another reasons for not posting as much is that I have started quilting for others and that has creeped into my sewing time a bit. It has been alot of fun moving on to this new venture in my life. Here is a quilt I just finished. Don't you just love blue and yellow quilts.


When I do finally get to sit at my machine I am gonna be able to sew like a mad woman. Ahhh happiness is a machine full of FULL bobbins. It does not take much to make me happy.

On the non quilty front my girls are now twelveteen. What a good Mom I am I even made them each their own cake.


Call me Crazy: I have an APQS Millennium. The red star pattern is from McCalls Holiday issue of 2009.
Lori: Where did you get those needles from? I will give them a try.
Teri: No I haven't. I will look the site up.






8 comments:

Barb in Mi said...

Both of your quilts look great and very intricate. I have to check out the special star ruler you are mentioning. Happy sewing!

Amy said...

Such pretty quilts. I especially like the quilt on the right.

Sue In NH said...

Nancy saw her quilte debuted on your blog and she is so excited to see it in real life on Thursday
YAY!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a busy girl you've been! I'm in love with the quilt on your design wall on the right - the one you're adding another row to - it's VERY pretty! Glad to have you back again!

smiledarlin said...

I found this site to be most informative and will order mine here. I will let you know how they work for me.
http://www.allstitch.net/content/embroidery-machine-needle-selection-guide-1023.cfm


And the quilts look beautiful.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, girls!!!

and, maaaaaaany moooooooooore!!!!!

xxoo
neen

smiledarlin said...

OH YEA...
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love your quilts! And thanks for the pattern name! I love those red stars too. ;-) Happy birthday to your girls!