Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sometimes you have to break your own rules.

So my rule for this year was to finish my UFO's and no new projects. Well except for a few that were pre planed. But when you combine really pretty fabric and a real bad week. Well then there go the rules. I really needed to sew and while I have lots of project that need to be finished I just really wanted to sew with this fabric.

And after wondering around my sewing room for a real long time not in the mood to touch any of the projects I was suppose to finish this month I decided I was going to start something new.

This is a ruler I bought back in November that I have been dying to try.l I haven't yet well because of that whole no new projects rule. Seeing as the rule went out the window I pulled out the ruler. Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ruler!!!!!

I have ALWAYS wanted to make one of these quilts and with this ruler it was soooo easy. And I really like how this fabric looks together for this quilt. I am actually enjoying being in my sewing room again. I will get one quilt top on the machine tonight before I sew some more so I won't feel to guilty.

And also I managed to piece my "Goodnight Sweetheart" Top at my Wed night sew. It just needs border so I have behaved a little bit.

8 comments:

Jonathan said...

oooh, that's so pretty! I love the butterflies!
I never get very far in promising myself no new projects. I just love starting them, but am so bad at finishing;-)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I agree one can break ones own rules!!! especially when it comes to fabric or supplies for quilting!!!
I just love the new fabrics and how the new quilt is coming out--great work--well worth breaking the rules for!! I do have one of those rulers--just don't know how to use it---one of these days??????
hug, Di

Sue In NH said...

Dawn Marie:
That looks so awesome already... So when should we schedule the class.... a one day on a Saturday or Sunday?? Can I take it too??
Sue
The Quilt Patch

Sue In NH said...

And BTW, breaking rules is always a good idea especially when your using a new rule(r)!

smiledarlin said...

So is that how I get over this sewing slump?? Go shopping! SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.
What is the name of that ruler- those blocks are cool.

Anonymous said...

Dawn Marie, I love your fabric choices for your Hunter's Star! Very, very pretty!

Now, I have to get my rulers out and belly up to the cutting table and START... (Glad I left them in the car when we came to FL, right after the show)

I've been busy making aprons, pillow cases and binding fleece to use for throw blankets.

OK, you've got me really revved, now. I'm like Lori. I needed a good swift kick in the butt and we knew just where to go for it, didn't we? LOL

Take care, sweetie. I miss you!
xxoo
neen

sunny said...

How pretty! I have that butterfly fabric that I'm using in a class quilt. Remember, rules were made to be broken!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Rules are made to be broken - and your GORGEOUS blocks prove that LOL! I love them! Way to sew - and have fun doing it!