Sunday, March 1, 2009

Squeak Squeak Squeak

As I am in my sewing room(a.k.a. the basement) and I am ironing fabric for a quilt I should not be working on over at Judy's site and listening to a book on tape(Pride and Prejudice) I hear squeak squeak squeak. I start to think I have finally worn my CD out as I have listened to this book numerous times. Pause and yep I still hear Squeak Squeak Squeak. Start to think okay maybe it is the pipes as we have forced hot water. Call for the husband he might as well be good for something. He listens but can't find the noise either. Of course he only looks for a few seconds.

I go back to my ironing but now I have visions of a mouse running across my feet and I don't have on any shoes. So I start to look again and I find it. A teeny tiny little mouse stuck in our ant trap. Scream for the DH! Now if this was a nice healthy mouse I could have taken care of it myself but I can not handle seeing a sick animal of any kind.

And then the fight begins. My husband is as bad as me when it comes to a hurt animal. I tell him he has to take care of it. he tells me I should. I tell him he is the man of the house. This does not happen often but I know I can't take care of this poor little mouse. I give him a bag and shove him down the stairs. Tell him he better make sure the poor mouse doesn't suffer. I did not get a very nice look for that comment.

The mouse is gone. I should get back to the quilt I am sewing on but I think I will throw dinner in the oven and start cutting fabric from my stash I pulled.

3 comments:

Gizmo said...

You big weenie. LOL
Do you want me to come up there?
:)

Anonymous said...

well now DMF! I would not have expected that a little mouse would have gotten your nickers all in a twist! Can say as I'd have done any better taking care of it though.

Teri

Anonymous said...

You should have told DH that you need a CAT!!!

I'da flushed it.

xxoo
neen