I really have the best of intentions to make a big dent in my UFO list this year. But as we all know some times we have to stop and put something a little more important in the list. As I mentioned before a dear friend of my Husband has cancer so I had to stop and start make him a comfort quilt. I am now at my favorite part(NOT) of the quilt. The border! we all know how much I love borders. And to make matters worse this is a pieced border. So while sewing I was daydreaming about other quilts. Unfortunately not one of my UFO's but a a mystery challenge noted below from Judy's site. So I decided to do It. as you can see when I make up my mind a make it up right then. Yep I stopped mid strip to pick out and cut fabric. This used to drive my mother up the wall that I could just stop. So there this poor strip hung while I happily picked out and cut fabric.
Here are the lights that I picked out. I really love these fabrics. These all came from left over fq bundles. I took the remaining fabric and cut it up into 2 inch strips so that I can some day make a quilt from one of my 2 inch strip books.
Here are my darks. Don't love them as much as I love my lights but we will see what happens when it is done. It is just fun to be working on a quilt that doesn't already have a home and I can sew just because I want to.
Now I was a good girl and did finish that poor little strip after I was done and got the border almost all sewed. Now to make the corner stones and get this border on. Oh wait I see Judy has up the next set of directions. Maybe I will have to work on that first.
1 comment:
That poor little strip....I am glad you finished it's seam!
The strips look interesting... I can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Love the 2 you have on the wall.
Post a Comment