Saturday, February 7, 2009

This and That

Isn't it amazing how you always run out of thread when you are almost done. Yep just this little corner to go and the whole quilt would have been quilted and I ran out of bobbin thread. But happy dance the quilt is quilted and I am half way done with the binding then this can go to it's new home.

I did have to stop for a while and start a quilt that is not on my UFO list. My husband friend was just diagnosed with terminal cancer just months after beating a different cancer. He is going to do the chemo so I start this lap quilt for him to take with him. He loves his jobs as a Police officer so I thought this fabric would be perfect for him. I was able to make the entire quilt from stash but I want to make it a little bigger so I did purchase some fabric for the border.


This quilt will knock two off my UFO list. This is my Super Bowl Sunday mystery quilt. I had a blast working on this. I had a couple of friends drive down from NH Saturday and spend the night. My husband woke up early and fixed us all breakfast. Then we got to spend the day at the quilt shop sewing up out quilts. This does have one more section to go and then a border. I am going to also use this for the baby quilt for my godchild so this will knock two quilts off my UFO list. I was really tempted to keep this quilt. I just love the colors.



I am wondering how long it is going to take my dogs to realize that they can just walk over the fence in the back yard. I snow is so high and the dogs are so light that they can walk on top of it. So far they haven't figured it out yet.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn Marie the quilts are wonderful!
The dogs won't go to the fence, it's too far in the cold. Poor puppies.

Teri

smiledarlin said...

that is so sad about the co-worker. Hopefully the quilt will give him comfort while he battles this round.

Let's hope IF the dogs figure out they can get over the fence... that they remember WHERE they went over and come back the same way!!!!

Pretty quilts.

Anonymous said...

So sad about Jim's co-worker. I've added him in my prayers, DM.

Both quilts are great! I'm still sorry I missed the Super Bowl Sunday mystery quilt. I've always wanted to try making one of those quilts. And, I'm sure that you'd like to keep it. They are your colors.

xxoo
neen