Okay so it has been a real long time since I posted last. No excuse other than well life just kinds of getting in the way. I haven't sewed in months but this is changing this year. I have been working pretty steady on the quilt below. I am making this quilt for a dear friend of the family. His only request is that it have soccer fabric and be King size. I think I kept a straight face when he said King size. But yep this should be about 120x120 when it is finished. This is from a real old Fons and Porter Mag. Here is a close up and the completed top minus the three borders.


Here are the pieced borders that I am working on at the moment. This should have beendone by now but my iron keeps gunking up and I am not sure why. I use distilled water and I washed my ironing pad. I am going to clean it again and try using new fabric on the iron pad.

And here is the backing. I recently used this backing on a quilt for a friend and loved how it looked and felt.
1 comment:
Wow, that's coming along very well, DM!! Good job!!
How's the hand? Need a joint? I can't even fathom how you are working with that bandaged up...
I love the secondary block that pokes out in this quilt. It's almost like a pinwheel. Very interesting.
Miss you!
xxoo
neen
Post a Comment