Friday, January 16, 2009

Borders

I don't know what it is about borders but every time I reach them my quilt always seems to come to a grinding stop! I promised myself that my current quilt would not become a UFO and that no other quilt would be worked on until this quilt was finished. I have been doing a great job keeping that promise well until last night when I reached the borders. ow I have never met a border that I like add to that this is a pieced king size border. Arg!!!! So I spent the night piecing.


An turning my pieces into strips. and dreaming about other quilts that I could be working on. I would start to stray but I would catch myself and come back and work on the borders some more. So I made a compromise. I finished and attached the pieced border. Proud of myself except there are still two more borders to go. But it is late and the thought of laying out the quilt is just to much to bear at this point. So I promise these borders will be done this weekend.


In the mean time just look what I dug out of my UFO pile. I wasn't tired so I figured I could do a little piecing. Just had to take a few minutes to remember where I left off.


Went through the box and refreshed my memory with the directions. Made sure I had all the pieces. And started to sew on something that wasn't a border. Ahh it is so much more relaxing to sew this way. Of course eventually I will hit the borders with this quilt as well. at least it is not a king size border.


And look how much it grew. I am making this for my niece and she has been waiting a very long time for me to finish this. Once the Soccer quilt is finished this will be the next one I complete this year. Well until I reach the borders.LOL


On a side not it is only -3 outside. I am not liking this could weather. I am used to it but still not liking it.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying all of this incredible piecing! Such talent!

Teri