Friday, March 21, 2008

It's been a while Again

I am trying to get better at posting really I am. I think about posting but I just don't seem to make it to the computer. Quilt wise I can't show what I have been working on. I have been working on a 10 fq challenge. I was given 10 fq's which I have to add an additional 10 fq's or more. I have to then make it into a quilt and give it to the owner of the original 10 fq's. I have one more side to bind then this quilt is complete. I will post a picture after MQX once the owner of this quilt has it. I really really really want to keep this quilt. I like it even more than the quilt I made for my cousins wedding. Here is a pic of my cousins wedding quilt. I think I made this three years ago.
Now the quilt I just made is not anywhere near as complicated but it just appeals to me even more. As soon as the binding is done I need to finish my Mom's quilt which just needs borders then binding.
On the kid front my son just had a birthday. We had a great kids party where I hired a man who brings wild animals to show the kids. It was a great time. We had a couple of owls, a snake, a flying squirrel. And some pretty tamed animals as well.
We got to touch and pat just about all the animals. It was a fun and educational party as he taught the kids about all the animals as well.
The girls had a recital. I was so proud of them. They practiced real hard and did a great job.


They even bought their own outfits with their own money. Boy they sure are thrifty shoppers when it is not mommy's money being spent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your girls are very, very intelligent being frugal with their own money and spending yours so easily! you go girls!

Teri

happy birthday!

smiledarlin said...

Glad to see some news from you! We know you are busy... how you keep up is beyond me...
You girls look so pretty and are smart... spend wisely their own money and waste mommas.
James is getting so big!

I always loved that purple quilt.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to all!!! My gosh, the girl's hair is down their backs, already... Again!!!!! Their's grows more in a month than I have on my head!!!! I don't know where I was standing the day that God allotted hair, but I'm gonna be paying real close attention on my next trip around.

Oh, the girl's cheap outfits are gorgeous!!! LOL Good work!

xxoo
neen