Monday, March 31, 2008

Have actually been sewing

I finally feel like I have made a dent in my UFO's and have gotten some sewing done. I promised myself that this year I was going to remember to enjoy the process of quilting again. No more rushing. I just put in a book on tape and go along.
This first quilt was a mystery quilt done at my local quilt shop "The Calico Basket" Sorry they don't have a web site. A group of us got together(Me, Melissa N.H., Sue and Susan) This was done on Superbowl Sunday. We had such a good time sewing and eating. Melissa and I got a little nervous with some of the directions but that made it even more fun. We left with completed tops that just need borders. Mine is now quilted and bound. I used the same pantograph that Lori used on Giz's quilt.
And here is a close up of the quilting. don't look to close though.


I am going to give this quilt to my Mom.

I didn't make this next quilt. It was made by a friend during a challenge we had a couple of years back. I have finally decided how it is going to be quilted. (BIG GULP) I am going to hand quilt this one. I have the stencil bought and and the thread and hope to get it basted in the next couple of weeks.

I also finished this years Nashua challenge but can't show it yet. It is all quilted bond and washed. I just love how it came out and I can't wait to mail it out!

And finally a got a BOM for Christmas and I have two blocks done. I just received block number three in the mail and am going to work on it this weekend.

My Mom got me this as my gift this year and I am soooo excited. I plan on staying up to date on this quilt!

Till next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you ROCK!!!!! You have been one busy gal!!!!

I have my challenge about 90% done. I took it to Tues. coffee hour, at the park Clubhouse, today, and the head of the quilting group made me show it. It got hoots and hollers and APPLAUSE!!!!! So, fame is included in this one. LOL I was really surprised by how many men came up to me after and made really good comments about it.

OK, gotta stash this computer and finish packing. We hit the road early tomorrow.

See you soon. Keep up the good work!!!!

xxoo
neen

smiledarlin said...

I always love looking at your quilts... you do beautiful work!!!

AND you get your quilting buddy back soon!

I am jealous!

Love ya
Lori

Gizmo said...

Oh man - I love both of those quilts!! And, of course I looked close -- just beautiful! That's a great BOM -- can't wait to see it finished too.

The next time we're together, I want you to show me (again) how you hand quilt. Your method worked for me, but it's been a LOOOOONG time since I gave it a try.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful quilts they all are. You do have WONDERFUL talent.