Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's a New Year

Well it has been a while. I have been busy getting ready for Christmas and New Years Eve and the little down time I have had I haven't been able to get the computer away from the kids.

What a lucky Mom I am. My son decided to surprise Mommy with breakfast in bed. It was so sweet of him.

I got a new toaster for Christmas and my son hasn't quite figured out the buttons. And he doesn't use milk in his cereals. So to say the least it was an interesting breakfast.LOL He was even nice enough to keep me company while I ate it.

We had a fire for New Years Eve. It was a lot of fun. Everyone left around 2:00 A.M. then I was up about 6:30 to go to N.H. for an all day mystery. It was a great day. Lots of fun food sewing and we even fit in a surprise housewarming party. The top is done and ready to be quilted. When done my cousin Susan will be the owner of this quilt.

This picture is a little dark. The pink in the grey blocks stands out a lot better and the dark wine color is not quite so dark. I do love this quilt.

I hope everyone has a great 2008.

4 comments:

Teri said...

A very kind, thoughtful child your son is and will one day make some girl a very good husband! Congratulations DawnMarie, keep up the good work!

The quilt is gorgeous, love the colors it's subtle and striking all in the same moment!

Teri

smiledarlin said...

That will one day be your favorite meal James made for you!!
You kids are so good!!
I love the quilt. It is so pretty, she will love it!

Teri said...

You've just been tagged. Go over to my new blog
terificreations.wordpress.com
find the "I've been tagged" post and have a bit of fun!

Teri

Val said...

The breakfast is picture perfect! I love your blog. Thanks for sharing.