Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Now What to do with them






It is that time of the year. Time for picking Apples. My cousin Eric called and was taking the family did we want to go to. Silly question. So we loaded up the children and headed off to find the orchard. After only a couple of wrong turns we made it there. After paying and playing a little we got to picking. But of course got to teach the little cousin how to teeter totter first.







Got a ride to the good apples. Not sure what Daddy was doing but by the looks of it Daddy was not behaving himself. Oh well what else is new.




It didn't take the kids long to figure out that the best apples are at the top of the tree. That is were the little hands can't get their hands on them. I have to admit some of the apples even made it into the bag although I think more went into the bellies than into the bags.

Now the fun is over and a have made quite a few apple bakes so now what on earth do I do with all the left over apples. I hate to think of them spoiling but am getting tired of making apple bakes. Anyone got any good apple recipes?






3 comments:

Gizmo said...

OMG!! You went without me!! Picking at the orchard is one of my very favorite things to do. Your leftovers go into pies for the freezer and applesauce. Pop one into the oven on one of the coldest days of Winter, and have the kids "remind" you about the day (picking) - while you enjoy Ala Mode. :)
Oh man....now I'm hungry!!! :D

Teri said...

I love to go apple picking too. Do you go all the way to Wallingfords in Auburn? sounds like a good time was had by all!

Teri

Anonymous said...

Hi, I didn't see Ethan in the pictures. The kids are suppose to eat the apples in the orchard. Then you don't have to pay for the ones you have eaten. How about apple pie, turnovers. You can freeze them for Thanksgiving. Hope spotty is okay. Maybe too many times on the train.

Love Susan