I decided I wanted to learn to make my own bread after seeing all the amazing loafs of bread on Judy's Blog. My husband and I took an adult ed class last night and we had a ball I had a ball and he had to pretend to have fun. Her is my first loaf. This is from top down so you can't see how wonderfully it rose. When I got in my car this morning for work my car still smelled like fresh baked bread. YUM!!!!! I can't wait to teach my girls! Poor kids had to taste both breads and tell us who they liked better. Even I have to admit they both tasted the same. My husband is a pretty good cook as well.
I have decided to cast on a pair of adult socks. I figure it can't be much harder than the baby socks that I made. Not sure I remember how to turn the heel but if not I will just youtube it or facetime my friend Sue who is the world best knitter! Here is my cuff. Isn't this yarn so pretty. Sue sent it to me when I told her I wanted to learn to knit. These will be for me.
If my socks turn out usable then this will be my second set. Isn't this gorgeous. It is hand dyed. this will be for my Aunt who ohhhs and ahhh over everything I make.

2 comments:
I can smell that bread from here!
Yep- that's some pretty purple yarn...
Dawn Marie, you inspire me. I love how you take new creative endeavors head on!
Teri
Post a Comment