It is time for another Design Wall Monday over at Judy's site. If you need some motivation head on over to Judy's site and check out all the quilting going on in Blog Land. I have made some progress on both quilts. I went from not liking the quilt on the wall on the left at all to loving it. The pinks and creams really made a big difference. It is not done and still has some rearranging to do. The quilt on the right only needs two more
blocks and then the borders. It is called Oklahoma Twister from American Patchwork & Quilting February 2006
Issue 78. Gosh I have been working on this quilt for a long time. My niece wanted it in the exact colors as the one in the magazine. I think I came very close.

I am going to participate in another
CGGQC quilt along. I had a blast on the first quilt along so even though I have way to many project I am going to do this one as well. I have so much fabric left over from the last quilt along that I am going to use the same fabric. Here is a pic of the fabric from the last quilt along. Easier than taking another pic.

Finally have my sample done and hung for the quilt class that I am teaching
here. I love how this turned out. This will head to my sister in law as soon as I get it back and get it quilted. this was a fun class to teach. Can't wait to teach it again.

Here is another sample I had to make up as I am also teaching the class
here. It is hard to keep up with samples when you are teaching at two different locations. I really love how different they both look.

And I am so proud of this next quilt. I did NOT make this quilt. This was from on of my students from my first class. Didn't she do a great job! I quilted the cutest panto into it. Dragonfly Pond from Willow leaf.

And I actually finished one of my own quilts! It is so hard to make time to put one of my quilts on the machine when I know I have customer quilts to do. This was a one day mystery quilt. it is so soft looking. The binding is all machine attached and just waiting for me to have the time to hand stitch it down. This will give me something to do this week during clarinet and
oboe lessons.
7 comments:
Your quilts are beautiful. I like the quilt on the left too!
All lovely quilts! I am resisting joining in the quilt-a-long...very tempting but I am already swimming in projects here!
I love the Oklahoma twister! And the hunter star you've been teaching. That ones on my list to do.
Love the Twister pattern also and the star quilts.
Wow!and more wow! Wish I was closer and I could take your class. What lovely quilts! I am in awe of every quilt that has a stars ♥♥♥
Great quilts - I understand about not getting your own quilts done. The only ones of mine that I actually get quilted are ones for class or store samples.
Oh, the squares in the corners are looking better and better!
glen
Post a Comment