Thursday, November 12, 2009

I've said it once i'll say it again

There is just something about borders that just stop me in my tracks. I go from skipping to my sewing room to dragging my feet. I don't know why that is. And it does not matter what type of border. It can be plain or pieced but once I get to the border I just want to move on to the next quilt. Now I don't mind bindings, I actually really enjoy bindings but "sign" there is just something about borders!

I have been working on this border for two weeks(well in fairness I was away for a few days to a quilt show) but just knowing it is waiting for me is keeping me out of the sewing room. I have even started sneaking other blocks into the mist. Can you see tell the block that just doesn't belong?

I will get this border done before the weekend as this is a sew along and I am already behind. Plus it is now a past due baby quilt. The shower was last weekend. I really need this done as I have 7 yes 7 baby quilts to make. I really think it is time for my family to find other interest. So borders need to get on this quilt to have baby quilt number two done.
I just started this baby quilt ans it is baby quilt number three. The blocks sneaking in with the borders for above quilt are going into this quilt. I really like how it is coming out. It might also be baby quilt number five with bolder boy colors!

Here we have baby quilt number one which has a binding stitched done on one side so this is almost done! This might go quicker if I started make baby quilt smaller than bed size but I just am not good at making small quilts.

What I really want to do is dig out some fabric and play with my new ruler that I got at the quilt show! This is the Rapid Fire Hunter Star Ruler. I just love all of her rulers though. I really want to make a quilt for myself but I think it is going to be baby quilt number 4. This is what is motivating me to get those borders done. So I can play with my new toy.

And isn't my baby so cute! My husband is not thrilled with the fact that I had him colored pink for Halloween. It should only take about a month for the pink to go away. He was suppose to be purple but my cousin ran out of the purple dog hair color. Yes they sell hair color specially for dogs. Hmmm maybe blue next time.


3 comments:

smiledarlin said...

Those baby quilts will be so pretty.

And you can always say you colored him for "the cure"

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

OMG -- your quilt is turning out just lovely! I love the colors that you chose. I don't know why, but it happens to me, too. I think the excitement is gone when the quilt center is finished?? Anyhoo, I'm behind, too! I can't wait to see your finished product!

Anonymous said...

I love how this quilt is coming out! VERY nice!

Hey, send me all the quilt tops/border fabric and I will put them on for you, if you quilt Carol's quilt for me? (I would put them on for you even if you won't quilt Carol's quilt for me, but, being a Yankee trader, I have to put a "deal" in the mix, to save face. LOL)

I miss your face!

xxoo
neen